How to make Cannabis Infused Honey
Honey is one of the oldest foodstuffs consumed by humans, with cave painting indicating early beekeeping as early as 7000BCE. We use it in everything from cooking, to spreads and to drinks. Honey is also an excellent medium for supplying a cannabis dose in many different forms.
Making cannabis infused honey is a pretty simple process, with the key ingredient being time. For this you’ll need a few things.
1 Cup of honey
3 ½ grams of decarboxylated cannabis
A double boiler (though you can make a makeshift one easily enough)
Mason jar or other storage container
Makeshift Double Boiler
If you already have a double boiler, then you can just use that. However, if you are like us and don’t own one, you can make your own easily. You will need a saucepot with tall walls, and a metal or glass bowl. Add a few inches of water to the bottom of the pot and set your bowl on top. Make sure the bowl isn’t touching the water. Turn on your burner and heat the water, which will boil, heating the bowl above it.
Decarb your cannabis
If you haven’t already decarbed your cannabis, you can find our recipe on how to do that here.
- Place the honey and the decarbed cannabis in the bowl of your double boiler and apply a gentle heat.
- Allow the mixture to simmer for at least forty minutes. Take care to ensure during this process your honey doesn’t come to a full boil.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place your funnel in your container and line with a cheese cloth. This will keep the flower from straining through to the finished honey.
- Pour your honey into your container, seal and store.
Remember as with everything that you are going to try, cannabis doses affect everyone differently. Health Canada recommends only consuming 10mg per dose, and if you are unsure, make sure to consult your doctor.